QPC’s QMini Expanded Beam Fiber Optic Connectors are designed to meet the requirements of MIL-PRF-83526/20 & /21 Military Specifications. Expanded Beam fiber optic connectors are designed to operate in harsh environments, they use non-physical contact fiber optic termini that are fully sealed behind an anti-reflective coated ball lens. This lens expands the beam to many times its original size aiding optical alignment and minimizing the effects of dust, debris, vibration, and other environmental conditions. Because there is no wear on the optical surfaces / end faces of the termini during use, the QMini connector has excellent durability, in excess of 3,000 mating cycles, providing a long service life interconnect solution.
QMini is a hermaphroditic connector allowing multiple plug-to-plug cable assemblies to be combined to extend the length of the system. These connectors are available with two or four channels and with singlemode or multimode lenses. In addition to the standard plugs and receptacles, QPC offers a 90 Degree option for plugs and a Low Profile Backshell for receptacles for applications with space constraints. A QMini Receptacle to LC Adapter is also offered which provides a QMini interface on one end and LC Duplex on the other.
QMini Connectors are used in Oil & Gas, Mining, Factory Automation, Heavy Equipment, Marine, Broadcast, Medical, Military, Aerospace, and Defense for Communications, Audio / Video, and Sensing Applications.
- 2Ch / 4Ch Hermaphroditic Expanded Beam Connector System
- Plugs: With and without Rubber Grip, with Straight or 90 Degree Backshell
- Receptacles: Jam Nut, Flange Mount, and XLR Compatible Flange Mount, with or without Backshells, QMini to LC adapter
- Standard Cable OD up to 7.5mm, Extended Heat Shrink Strain Relief up to 10.5mm
- Designed to MIL-DTL-83526/20 (Plug) & MIL-DTL-83526/21 (Jam Nut Receptacle)
- Intermateability: Tyco Pro Beam Jr., Amphenol TACBeam, Glenair GMA, Stratos HMA, Fibreco Junior, DiGiCo Compatible
- Sealed to IP68
For a tutorial on how to terminate our QMini connectors, watch below.